Premises Liability Cases In Spokane
When you’ve fallen down, a lawyer can help you back up
Many injuries take place on other people’s property, whether that property is a home, a business or a government building. Property owners have a legal responsibility to maintain safe premises, and when they fail in that responsibility, people get hurt. Richard Lewis Law, P.S. helps victims of these incidents recover.
A premises liability claim is a personal injury claim filed against a property owner due to conditions on their property. Common types of premises liability claims include:
- Slip and Fall Accidents: A person falls and sustains an injury due to an unmarked hazard, a slippery floor, poor lighting or another condition on the premises.
- Negligent Security: Someone is a victim of a crime, such as assault, that could have been prevented if the premises were properly secured. Broken security cameras and lack of on-site security personnel are common issues in negligent security claims.
- Dog Bites: Dog owners are liable for the injuries their pets cause. These cases often involve injuries to children.
- Swimming Pool Accidents: Victims, especially children, can be injured when they fall into a swimming pool that is not covered, fenced or otherwise secured.
Complex legal standards apply in premises liability cases
It’s not enough to be injured on a property to have a premises liability case. In order to successfully claim damages, you need a premises liability attorney to help you prove one of the following:
- The property owner created the dangerous condition that led to your injury; or
- The property owner knew about the dangerous condition that led to your injury and did not address it; or
- The property owner should have known about the dangerous condition but did not take action to address it.
The third of those conditions is the most commonly argued in premises liability cases, and it’s also usually the most difficult to prove. That’s why it’s so important to put an experienced attorney on your side as soon as possible after a premises liability injury. Evidence disappears. Memories fade. Building a strong case takes time, and you need to get started right away.
For over 30 years, Richard E. Lewis has been helping the injured in Spokane and throughout Eastern Washington. Put Richard on your side in your premises liability claim. Call 866-465-9098 or contact us online.