Why You Need A Spokane Truck Accident Attorney
Advice you can trust from an experienced lawyer
Any accident can be life-altering, but commercial truck accidents are especially serious. You may have been severely injured or even lost a loved one, and you’re facing an uphill battle for the justice you need. Without an experienced advocate on your side, you’re at the trucking company’s mercy.
Richard Lewis Law, P.S. has the experience and resources you need to make a difference in your case. If you’ve suffered due to a trucking company’s negligence, you can count on Richard to help you move your claim forward.
Five reasons you need to hire an attorney
Taking on the trucking company after a truck accident is a tall order. Here are five reasons you need to contact a lawyer right away:
- They control the evidence. Injury claims are won and lost based on evidence, and the trucking company has a great deal of leverage because it controls that evidence. Information such as the hours of service (HOS) log and the truck’s “black box” data can make a huge difference, and the trucking company may destroy that information to protect its own bottom line. You need to get an attorney on your side right away to take legal action and preserve and retrieve that evidence.
- Multiple insurance companies get involved. Tractor-trailers typically have two insurance carriers, one that insures the cab and another that insures the trailer. There may be other insurance companies involved as well, depending on the nature of the accident. Accepting a settlement offer from one insurance company can bar you from recovering from the others, depending on how the offer is worded. That’s why you need an attorney to handle your communication with the insurance company and make sure your rights are protected.
- They’ll bring out their heavy hitters. Trucking companies have big insurance policies with high policy limits. That means the stakes are higher for the insurance company, and they’ll put their most experienced lawyers, investigators and adjusters on the case. You need an experienced attorney with a strong reputation to level the playing field.
- You only get one chance. If you sustained a long-term, life-altering injury such as a traumatic brain injury or lost limb – which is very common in truck accidents – then you only get one shot to get a recovery that pays for the full cost of your injury. An experienced attorney like Richard E. Lewis can help you build your case to make sure all of your expenses are paid.
- You don’t have to face this alone. It’s easy to get lost and overwhelmed when dealing with a high-stakes case like a truck accident. Many people and entities may be involved – the trucking company, their insurance company, the truck driver, the owner of the cargo, drivers of other vehicles involved – and every one of them is looking out for his or her own interests. Attorney Richard Lewis has been standing up for Spokane families for decades, and he’s prepared to be your voice and your advocate in this complex process.
Don’t try to take on the trucking company alone. Put 30 years of experience to work for you. Call 866-465-9098 or contact us online to schedule your free consultation.