If you were injured in a slip-and-fall accident on someone else's property, whether a residence or a business, you need an experience slip and fall lawyer on your side. You need attorney Richard E. Lewis, P.S. of Spokane, Washington.
Understanding slip and falls in Eastern Washington
Legally, slip and falls are under the larger umbrella of premises liability. Any dangerous condition on the premises can lead to a slip and fall injury, including:
- Unmark trip hazards
- Poorly maintained railings
- Inadequate lighting
- Snow or ice
- Damaged stairs, sidewalks or walkways
- Unsuitable or poorly maintained floor coverings, such as carpets
- General poor housekeeping
In order to successfully file a personal injury claim against the property owner or manager, you need to prove that such a hazard led to your injury. You also need to demonstrate that the property owner was responsible for the hazard, based on one of these three criteria:
- The property owner created the hazard.
- The property owner knew about the hazard and did not remove it in a prompt manner.
- The hazard existed for a long enough time that the property owner reasonably should have known about it, but failed to address it appropriately.
Proving that a property owner's negligence caused your injury is difficult. That's why you need an experienced attorney on your side to deal with their liability insurance company and build your case for the compensation you deserve. Richard Lewis will thoroughly investigate the incident, work with you to determine the full cost of your injury, and protect your rights in negotiations and, if necessary, at trial.
If you've been hurt in a slip and fall accident in Washington State, put over 30 years of legal experience on your side. Contact us online or call 866-465-9098 for your free consultation with Richard Lewis. You can count on us when you need us most.